CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 26, 2003

SPECIAL EDITION! Left Vs. Right - How Un-American?

Recently, a message board on yahoo has prompted me to respond where I can be heard with out the venom of the anti Bush, anti Republican idiots who plague the net. This is a long one, so settle in.

I said, Does Bush walk on water? No, absoluteley not. But if he makes members of the extreme left squirm in their seats, GOOD.

They said, By the way, you need to get over the left right bit, we are all Americans. But that doesn't seem to matter to you, does it?

Ok, let me explain something. I am most certainly NOT a Republican, nor do I think they are much better than Democrats. I just happen to think, because of their past actions, that Democrats are disgusting animals. They stopped the whole country for a month to re-count ballots because they didn't win. Granted, there were issues in the Florida ballot count, but these clowns would have counted until the early days of summer just to ensure Al Gore won. Republicans have their bad side to, the Democrats just shine through more because it is so blatant. Think about it, they are the ones willing to trade in a little of your freedom to tax FAST FOOD (inevitably leading down the same path as cigarettes) because a bunch of lousy parents allow their kids to be raised by the Teletubbies, and the kids think a steady dies of fast food is safe.

What am I? Libertarian. I think our government is fat, bloated, and greedy and needs to be downsized. Try to prove me wrong.

They said, leading with a quote from me, "I'm really sick of you anti Bush people polluting the internet with your venom. And I'm really sick of you people that think Bush is the second coming of Christ, and you're willing to look past all the lies he told."

This guy is a cop in Flint, Michigan, and evidently, to be a Cop in Flint, you don't need to take a wrtten exam because he clearly can't read. In the post he responded to I clearly said, "Do I think Bush walks on water? Absolutely not," (As above).

The first post was a user who didn't have enough backbone to post where she was from or her name on her profile. You'll notice I posted neither person's screen name. Let me explain why there IS a left and right and why I am neither (and I mean Democrat or Rebublican).

The two are historically contrarians. If the republicans want to do one thing, the Democrats take the opposing side and vice versa. Or, if Bush wants to jump the gun and go to war against Iraq because he's lead to believe by his advisors weapons exist, well, then, the Democrats are dead against it.

Let me ask you something. When election time comes, how do you know what either party stands for? During the off election year, the two are always opposite in opinion. So when it's time to vote, how do you know who to vote for?

Enter the 3rd parties. The 3rd has nothing to lose. You can be certain that if Libertarian so-and-so thinks we should have gone to war, he wasn't just opposing the Democrat and supporting the Republican. What can he gain from that?

So go ahead, ridicule me for thinking of this as being about left versus right. But it is, and at least I will know what my party stands for.

0 comments: