CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 21, 2003

Alert Maine! The Coming Rage Of The Massachusetts Resident

I'll be the first to admit I'm not the happiest guy on the planet. But I find healthy ways to vent my anger, like this column. Others are not quite as intelligent. The atmosphere in the state of Massachusetts is a very hostile one. In fact, I believe we should start putting the greeting, "Massachusetts Welcomes You! The Angry State."

I suppose my state has a lot to be pissed off about. But I see them all as terminal whiners. Bitch alot about how government sucks, but do nothing about it. And the rage cascades over into other areas where it shouldn't. People cutting each other off in traffic and then flipping you the finger while they do it. Shoving each other in crowded places. Cutting in lines, uttering vulgarities to someone who they think isn't part of the in crowd, and so on and so on.

People around me prance around in circles chiding, "It's like that everywhere!" But it isn't. In fact, I'll even one up you and say it's just most of New England. Especially Rhode Island, Connecticut and Massachusetts. The least of these, as far as I can see, is Maine. And it enrages me to no end when I decide to get the hell out of Massachusetts only to see the damn state is following me! Most of Massachusetts vactions in Maine. How un-creative is this?

Now, I know that the numbers will tell me that people can't afford to vaction too far out of New England because the Economy blows. But I also can't help but think that people are flat moving to Maine because they discovered what I did. Maine is laid back. So the end result is Massholes bringing their anger with them and infecting what currently is a pretty decent place to live.

Now, one will argue, "Yeah, but you're just as pissed of." True. But I find creative ways to alleviate it. And I sure as hell don't bring it with me when I visit friends in Maine. Four months of living there and I came back unprepared of what an angry pit Massachusetts is. This state needs to smarten up and until then, stay the hell out of Maine.

0 comments: