CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 15, 2003

Lights Out! Chaos Ensues! Billions Die Flaming Death Caused By Lack Of Electricity!

Um, yeah. In case you live in a hole you may go to my favorite paper The New York Post and update yourself.

This event made me realize 2 things. 1. We are really way to reliant on Electricity. 2. Why? Because when it goes we all turn into zombies. I flipped on the TV to see what amounted to a million zombies making their way across the Hudson river on foot via whatever the hell bridge goes into Lower Manhattan.

I can't offer an answer for the people who just had to get home. But it struck me that they filled the streets so quickly, that even if the city opted to enact emergency transpot services they couldn't because there were 100 million people jamming the roads solid. What happened to logic? Either I'm a genius or most people lack common sense. At least wait for authorities to try and organize something to help the situation. I'm betting that didn't happen. "Well, trains are down. Guess I'll walk."

Now, when power goes out at my house I have a system of candles throughout the house that I can find because I know their approximate location. If worse comes to worse, I have a generator and several tanks of gas in the garage which will power my house for a few days.

And TV? Shoot. I have books. If it's really bad I know the cops will show up and let me know. Probably take all the weapons I don't own when they visit.

But it appears in the event of a national emergency, most of us will trample each other to death. That's both frightning and sad.

0 comments: