CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Episcopalians Approve Gay Minister

I'm sorry I can't just let this one fly. I'm very careful not to take on the Gay community because of their flamboyant nature and outspoken attitudes, but being a Penticoastal, this sucks the life out of me. There is not one Christian organization out there that can justify this kind of moral compromise. You can read the article at Yahoo! News.

Anyone who really knows their bible knows God condemns gay relations. It's in 1 Corinthians 6:9 "9Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders 10nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

So where does the Episcopal church get off second guessing God? Hey, if you're gay and call yourself Christian - your thinking is majorly flawed. And you can't just take what you want from the bible. Now, I don't want to preach, but this makes Christianity just seem like another politically correct organization that makes compromises so everyone can fit in. Well, I hate to break the news to you, but God is not politically correct. In fact, in some cases it's safe to say politically correctness is straight out of the pits of hell because of some of the compromises that result in its very existance.

So call me a hypocrit for calling the overweight "fat", the handicapped "crippled", people with an appearance deficit "ugly" - but my refusing to lower myself to the standard of politically correctness also keeps me from making compromises like the one the Episcopal church did.

0 comments: